SYP Motors opened it's doors and began serving the people of southern Yorke Peninsula in 1910. At the time, it was owned and operated by Mr A.C. Morlet.
In 1981, Ian (a mechanic by trade) and his wife Anne Dreckow, purchased the business and began expanding the product line. Since then, their son Jason and daughter Melissa have joined them and work within the business. Over the years, Ian and Anne have employed a large number of local men and women in a number of different roles within the business.
In 1918, the business was expanded to supply the town of Minlaten with electricity until 1948.